Settings & filters
There's a bug currently where setting an empty filter will keep the previous one. Until it's fixed you can use some long string of random characters that won't match anything*.
What you need to know:
- Like a savior-style script these filters hide any comments whose combined subject and text they match. There is deliberately no indicator what has been hidden on a page (subject to feedback). If you filter out the word the you may confuse yourself.
- Filters entered here set a cookie, but are overridden by &filter=blablah in the url if you need to bookmark pages with different filters.
- The mininum to know is that . matches any character and * matches any number of the preceding character (including dot), so .* in the middle of the filter will match any run of characters so that fandom.*ttiness will match "fandom dottiness", | is used to break up alternatives so foo|bar will match foo or bar (read the | as "or"), I've set all regexes to case-insensitive, and if you want to match a special character like * or . you can escape them with \ (very important for *.
- Any filter starting or ending with | will match and hide all possible text because of how regular expression matching works. I may try to fix broken regexes at some point.
- There's a Regular Expressions for Regular Folk tutorial that I've seen recommended, but can't vouch for.
- Matches are against the subject and body text stuck together with a newline. See here for possible workarounds if you only want to match subjects.
* I'd give an example, but nonnies are gonna nonnie.